I just had a couple of random thoughts that I think are ‘funny’- let me just put them in bullet point form:
- You will say you had 13,000 followers on Twitter and your children will think that you were actually once cool.
- You will say you had a credit card and your kids will think that it was a strenuous way of paying for something
- You will say you had an Instagram account and your kids will think that you were lame.
- You will say that you had this device called a smart phone and you will struggle explaining what it is to your kids
- You will say that you Rihanna and Beyonce made the greatest music of all time and your kids will say ‘that’s old people music’
- You will say the wealthiest man in the world was worth $46 Billion and your children will think he wasn’t THAT rich
- Some of you women will go as far as to show your kids that you once had a small waist and then will wonder how it disappeared.
It is extremely funny how the times WILL change, how things that matter now will be a distant memory. However, I do hope we are entering the phase of flying cars, automatic preferably, I thought it was gonna happen in 2000. In Rwanda we are talking about Drone airports, if the future pans out the way I think it will (or the experts aim to put it), we will all have drones. We will be taking our kids to drone museums showing them models of the first drone and they will refer to them as ‘ancient’.
We will tell our kids that our hearts skipped when we got a whatsapp message from their dad. We will tell them that we would take ‘screenshots’ of the messages to show our friends. Our children will laugh at us and think that it was ‘so lame’ (if they will still be using that term)
We will tell our children ‘that growing up, we always knew he would be president… from the time he was young we could see it’. Some of us will be great, isn’t that exciting?
…. when the times change, it really will be funny