So I have been struggling to write in the month of December, for a couple of reasons:
- I have been uninspired. I don’t want to use big terms like ‘writer’s block’, but I have simply failed to get in to that ‘zone’ where I can put something decent together. Please don’t be mistaken, I do not have a boring life!
- All the free time I get, I use it to sleep or listen to Justin Bieber Aka Uncle J. He has been up to some supreme activities, so I can’t just be calling him Justin like he cleans my shoes. I have to give him the respect he deserves.
- The festive season is here! *cue jingle bells* the craziest time of the year, so many activities! Have any of you watched the movie ‘Step brothers’? Remember that scene when the step brothers got to share a room once their parents got married and Will Ferrell was pacing up and down the room overwhelmed with excitement and said ‘so many activities!!!’- One of the funniest things I have seen since my conception. Anyways, what I was trying to say is that there is a lot to do and I am completely distracted.
- Writing isn’t easy- you can’t just wake up and type. Okay there are those savants that can but I am definitely not one of them. It is a whole process!
- I want to spend more time reading that writing. Knowledge is power and I need to prepare for 2016-like every other year; ‘this will be my year!’ let me equip myself!
With all of this being said; I am going to take a break until January!
However, I would like to share my tips for surviving the festive season!
- Attend everything! FOMO is a very stressful experience/condition to possess.
- Stay hydrated.
- Take naps! Even on your desk at work- no one is really working!
- Be Kind.
- Cuddle. REPEAT.
- EAT- we have the whole of next year to work out and diet.
- Lastly and most importantly; P R A Y
Happy holidays and ‘blessings on blessings on blessings!’